Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Realizing hope, my life part 3

For a while, I had those questions going over and over in my head. I was so wrapped up in my own problems again, and how I would fix them, that I never stopped to think that God could take hold of the wheel and plan my life for me. I always thought I had to do things on my own (except killing the spiders in the bathtub...or anywhere in the house). I never thought how God could play a major role in my life. Over time I realized He would get me where I NEEDED to be, not necessarily where I WANTED to be.

God really does have a way to get your attention. In my case, it's my back. I know now that if I didn't have my scoliosis, my relationship with God would be WAY different. I would most definitely be more focused on myself than
Him...and that scares me.



Now, I'm not sure how much curvature I have; and to tell you the truth, I don't care all that much. Some days are definitely harder than others, but God has put amazing people in my life that give me the support and love I need. Sometimes I don't even want to talk about scoliosis, yet other times, I want to share my whole life story to those around me. I want to let people know that there is a God who's there and He has a plan for you. He knows when you struggle, and He wants to reach out and hold you. He will never stop pursuing you. He loves you even more than you can imagine.



I thank God everyday for the blessings He has given me. I hope by you learning more about me each day, you will realize the love He has for you; and the simple blessings He has given you. :)

2 comments:

  1. how many people live in normal healty, body, mine but doesnt have normal family, normal life? you are normal, lauren. God has normalize us.

    Jesus Bless you.

    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many people live in normal healty, body, mine but doesnt have normal family, normal life? you are normal, lauren. God has normalize us.

    Jesus Bless you.

    Lina

    ReplyDelete