Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting there, my life part 2




After that night, I felt emotionally a lot better. Yet I still longed for that miracle healing other people received.
Well, that healing never came, and I continued to live my life the best I could. And although the physical healing never came, an emotional healing began. I started to feel happier and blessed for the things i did and didn't have. God was giving me reason to live.



OK, you know how when you're a kid, you want to become a actress or police man? I wanted to become a dolphin trainer! I loved dolphins (I still do to this day)! I wanted to learn everything there was to them. They fascinated me! I wanted to pursue this career until about the age of 13, after I went through Seaworld's trainer for a day program. I discovered there's about a 1 in 300,000 chance I would be selected to work as a trainer, and you have to be in top physical condition. So, God helped me open my eyes to other options (that turned out to be not too far from the original). I've decided to major in marine biology up in Monterey and work at the aquarium up there. My family has been members there since 1992 (when I was born). My friend Evelyn made a good point when we were up there a few days ago, "You know this place better than the back of your own hand!". It's true! I don't really know what the back of my hand looks like, lol. :) Just another little blessing I thought i'd let you in on. :)


At about the age of 10, I had a BIG growth spirt; and at the same time, my brace was too small. So I went from about 15 degrees to about 60, again. I felt awful. I thought, "Just as I was better, I get even worse." Now that I was older, I was more subconscious about the way I looked. How hard is it to find a shirt that looks good and fits? Let's see...I find about 1 blouse (that's not a t-shirt) out of 40 trips to different stores. It's depressing. Anyways, after about a year, we found an orthopedist who was based in Louisiana that came to San Diego twice a year. So we checked him out. It ended up working really well! His brace made a 20 degree difference overnight. Only problem was it would go back to the original curvature if I took it off. Yet we stuck with the program, and it seemed to work for the first year! We sent in the brace every 3 months to get the air pads in the brace re-filled, and everything was hunky dory. Until after a year, we took the trip to San Diego to find no one at the office. It was empty. No word on what happened, just gone. We came home to discover that the orthopedist had been sued. I didn't know what to think. We had spent so much money on this program, and it just drops in one day? I felt mad, sad, dissapointed, every emotion you could thing of, I was feeling at that moment. What were we going to do now? How much hope do I have left for God? Am I going to live to be 20, or is my heart going to suddenly stop from the pulling and pushing of my body against itself? I had so many questions that I thought would never be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment